While biking along the Poudre Trail near downtown, I passed a singing Swainson's Thrush near the College Ave. overpass. And then later, while doing some volunteer duties at the Rocky Mountain Raptor Program, I had a singing MacGillivray's Warbler skulking in some low brush not far from the rehab flight cages. After so many years of hearing nothing in that area but House Sparrows, European Starlings, Northern Flickers, Black-capped Chickadees, Blue Jays, Western Meadowlarks, Common Grackles and the like, I can hardly tell you how wonderful it was to hear this song.
Sorry that I'm missing the CFO. I fully expect to pull my hair out in the next few days as I hear about some of the fantastic birds y'all will certainly find.
Eric DeFonso
Fort Collins
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cobirds/-/eyRQoBTpQakJ.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en.
0 comments:
Post a Comment